We are currently seeking Sponsors for our 2012 Komen Central Texas Race for the Cure®. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICIAL RACE ONLINE
We Live Here. We Race Here. We Save Lives Here.
- With the support of our Sponsors in 2011 we were able to grant out $230,000 this past January to 5 local Organizations funding 9 grants that will provide Education and Outreach, Screening Coordination, and Treatment and Support to under and un-insured individuals in Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, McLennan, and Milam County.
- In 2011, through local community grants the following were possible:
- Approximately 8000 individuals received Breast Health Awareness and Breast Cancer Education
- 2272 individuals received Screening or Diagnostic Services
- 85 Individuals received Treatment and/or Support
- 19 Breast Cancers Detected – Got a Cure?
- For the 2012-2013 Grant Year we received a total of 14 grant applications, but only 9 of the 14 grants were funded due to a decrease in the monies Komen Central Texas had to fund. This year we are needing your support more than ever of our 2012 Komen Central Texas Race for the Cure. Success of our race will generate more registration and an increase in fundraising efforts which will allow an even bigger IMPACT in our communities so we can continue to support the individuals who need us the most. When our Organization began in 1982 there was only a 74% 5-year survival rate, with the access to screenings in the communities and millions of dollars to research the 5-year survival rate is now 98%. The ground we have covered is being threatened as support decreases and legislation looks for areas to squeeze budgets. With 1 out of 8 women experiencing breast cancer in their lifetime, a decrease in the access of care needed could mean devastation in the lives of the women we love.